- Naval League Cadet Corps (NLCC)
The NLCC is the junior program of the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps program. It was developed for the younger cadets, ages 10 through 13. The mission of the NLCC is to train cadets about the seagoing military services, community service, citizenship, and an understanding of discipline and teamwork so that they are prepared for membership in the NSCC program. Training Ship (T.S.) Sea Lion is the unit name of your local Naval League Cadet Corps.
The Process of becoming a Cadet is a simple one.
- Make an appointment for a visit by sending an email to: Executive.Officer@tssealion.org
- Attend a Cadet Meeting (Drill). The Parent/Guardian and potential cadet must attend together. Orientation is typically on a Saturday during drill at 10 AM.
- Meet with the Recruiting Officer.
- Ask any questions you might have.
- Watch cadets at work.
- If you are sure that you are interested, you can fill out the Application Packet and submit it for review. Make sure you specify Unit Name: T.S. Sea Lion and Unit Code: 114.
- Have a Physical Exam at your doctor’s office (required).
Turn in the completed application, a copy of the child’s current report card, a copy of his/her immunization record, and the required fees to our Administration Office.